Sunday, December 19, 2010

No Regrets- Swinging on Poles

Officially my body is in pain because I took my first pole dancing class yesterday. Honestly I had a blast.

I walked into this class with two parties, a bachelorette party and a group of older ladies that were having a girls day out. At that point I thought to myself great, I get to meet knew people and there might be someone in the class that is awful because I just knew I was going to be awful at it. Well once we got into it- it didn't start out that bad. You have the warm up then she teaches you the stripper posture, the walk, and the caress. When she taught the caress the class kind of went to the humorous side because she kept saying "Ladies please remember it is very important to touch yourself at all times".....LMBO! And let me just say I was not the only one that thought that was funny.

And then comes the hard part.....

Next we were taught how to grind, rock and grind, how to grind to the floor. Then we had to go from the floor back to standing while looking sexy the whole time. We did it but it didn't look cute or sexy. So our instructor had to keep reminding us when coming off the floor to lead with the ass. After the floor work we hit the pole. She taught us to work the pole slowly. How to walk around the pole, how to climb the pole, and do a simple spin around the pole. Warning....the pole is always slippery (which once we were told this we began to giggle like little girls). Also the simple spin looks simple but is of course not simple. Now after all of this comes the fun part when we take what we learned and put it together. Sounds like a good idea if we could actually do it. But with practice I think I just might be a little seductive with what I learned. Naw....I might have to take that back. Anyway after the cool down I talked to the instructor and she basically sold me on taking more classes.

So I hope you enjoyed this post because there will be many more and maybe some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment