Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Ultimate Boy Band Tour: Got me thinking...

As I was watching E news a segment about the ultimate boy band tour came on, sorry no insync . Boys II men, 98 degrees and New Kids on the Block. 



Now I was hoping new edition would be in the somewhere. Then I started thinking. Remember, when days where simple. When we didn't care about entertainers personal lives, just if they could sing. Truthfully only one of those groups included can dance. So that was not a record seller. When did we get more into their personal lives than their talent. Just think about it. I can remember being in love with Tevin Campbell, I had no idea he was gay. 

Tevin Campbell - Tomorrow - Vidéo Dailymotion


Wasn't even concerned what being gay meant. Just knew that tomorrow could bring a better you and a better me. Didn't care who Mariah Carey was married to but I played that cassette tape every night before I went to bed. You couldn't tell me, I did not sing always be my baby just like or better than her. 



Well, times has changed and we feed off of who wore what and to which award show. Who is pregnant by what rapper, yet still married. This is more important than good music. Don't even get me started on the fact that I watch more reality TV than scripted. Wait isn't really TV scripted anyway....just a thought. 








No comments:

Post a Comment