Friday, March 12, 2010

No Regrets

Compete with Yourself, Not Your Girlfriends

My friends and I are all so different but of course we have characterizes that make us compatible as friends. I never thought of myself as someone that competed with my friends. So there are no regrets for me in this department.

I always try to grow, take inventory and make changes every year. I have enough issues of my own it would be too stressful to try to compare my life to my friends. We grew up different and have different hopes and dreams. Which makes it easy to compete with myself. Only I have a understanding of where I was as a person (mentally, physically, and emotionally) a few years back. So as a new year comes and I see how I have grown, I'm excited. I haven't always been a fan of change. But I understand it is needed.

Key points that I think are good to live by:

Focus on beating your own standards and setting your own targets. You should be competing only against yourself, or rather your better you.

We should all push toward our personal goals with passion and determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment