Sunday, March 21, 2010

Don't Get Comfortable (In Anything)

I was asked recently why I did a certain thing, I think the persons actual words were "You did what! Black people don't do that." Of course my response was "REALLY!"

We as people can't keep ourselves in a box. If I only do stuff because others did it, I would never do anything new or different. We get so wrapped up in our routine that we become comfortable and do the same things over and over. I don't want to get comfortable. In my race, gender or even in my fears. Yes I said fears. Sometimes we are so afraid of the unknown we get comfortable in our fears and we don't try things because we are scared. Don't let your fears rule you! Don't be comfortable! Let nothing hold you back, don't have regrets.

Try that food that you have never tasted but you think will be nasty.
Take that trip that you have been putting off due to finances.
Be uncomfortable in a room of people you don't know.
Eat that meal alone and not at home in the restaurant.

Kliner: Pain is inevitable, misery is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment