Friday, September 27, 2013

The Detox Experience:Take Two

Dr. Oz where did we go wrong. When I found the 5 ways to fight fat with Ayurveda, of course I thought what's Ayurveda. I don't know these things. Leave it to India to come up with special medicines to cleanse the body. By the way Ayurveda is a form of alternative medicine to cure ailments, well that's what Google said. Now back to my detox  which is one of the five things. Dr. Oz explains how this detox tea helps break down fat and unclog the channels. You bring 5 cups of water to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon of whole cumin, coriander and fennels seeds. Place a lid on top for 5 mintues strain the seeds and pour the liquid into a thermos. Sip on this all day for 2 weeks. He claims without including the other five things the tea should help release the toxins and renew the body. Now that I have run down all that let me tell you where I, not Dr. Oz went wrong. 

The first mistake was that I thought I could make this "tea" fresh every morning. Running late to work missed day 3. The second mistake was that I didn't by a big enough thermos. Trying to carry two thermos of this stuff every morning was not working for me. Which means instead of drinking five cups a day I drunk two. Third mistake not tasting the "tea" before I committed to 2 weeks of this detox. Once I found out that this drink was like sipping on oodles of noodles juice all day it was a wrap. Chicken though not beef, shrimp...you get my period. This 2 week cleanse ended up being 4 days. 

I will say around the end of the cleanse I had more energy in the morning (without my morning cup of coffee) and my skin began to look better. Still the cleanse was not for me. 

Moving on to my next and final try. Whole foods here I come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment