Sunday, July 24, 2011

No Regrets




38 Let go of the Edge of an Ice Rink






I went ice skating for the first time this past December with my cousin Brittany. We went to the new rink outside of the Carpenter Center, it actually was fun. At first I didn't want to do it because falling is not my thing. I just couldn't let go of the edge of the rink. Kids were falling and there was too many people for my liking. My cousin wasn't very helpful, she wouldn't hold my hand or anything, she just told me to deal and falling would be the worst of it. Well of course I fell and the bruised bottom was the worst of it. It allowed me to let go because I could still get hurt holding on. It felt wonderful to let go and embrace my inner child. People always say, well some people, that a life without risk and daring is nothing. That's how it felt to let go daring and risky but if I did nothing I would not have gotten to the fun part. Eventually after a few circuits it got boring so we went to T Miller's, I love that place, for drinks. Basically I am not an ice skater but it was good to try.








No comments:

Post a Comment