Sunday, May 22, 2011

No Regrets: Putting myself out there

Working on my laidbackness and my patience......

So me Ms. Ihavetotryeverythingatleastonce has joined match.com and it is trying my patience and testing my laidbackness. Two things that I decided to work on before I joined. I'm learning a lot, like how to not be too choosy. I am not giving up being choosy but some things I have to get over. I am also learning that guys think that pictures with their shirt off, with pets, just of the outdoors or no picture at all will get the attention of a girl. I mean really!!! I am a firm believer that you should introduce the crazy straight off but putting all your hang ups or issues in your profile....umm no. I don't want to read in your profile that your ex-girlfriend cheated, lie and used drugs so you don't want a girl that does any of that. No one wants someone that does that stuff. So....ugh....anyway. Dating online isn't that much different from dating period. A whole lot of baggage carried on into something new. There is still the waiting for a phone call that is now joined with waiting for an email. Let's not forget the rejection. You still have to compete but this time you are competing with the random 5/6 girls that are getting matched with the one person that you really are interested in every day. Which means that there is a chance that he might pick one of them over you....in comes the rejection. I have been avoiding this for so many years, its the reason why I became aggressive in dating but now I must face it and truly put myself out there. I will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment