Saturday, April 9, 2011

Life and Times of Love: 2011 Goal- Ran 10k (Check)

I’m not a runner, haven’t been a runner since high school. Yet I took on the task of running the 10k. I tried my best to follow a training schedule put together buy my roommate, yet after a few weeks the motivation just wasn’t there. I was not going to let that defeat me. I would not and could not give up because I set a goal and I was going to achieve it. The 1st few weeks were full of pain, ever part of my body ached. I was sore in places I didn’t know I could be sore. I tried to involve strength training in my schedule thinking that would help with the pain but still it didn’t. Finally I came to the conclusion that I should get a massage. Bad idea! My massage therapist tried to convince me that maybe running just wasn’t for me due to the fact I was still in pain after 3 weeks of training. At this point I was really discourage but I am not quitter so I didn’t give up I just complained more. My roommate trying to be a good friend helped a little by encouraging me the best she could which to a point was getting on my nerves…..haha….So I continued to train, not hard but I trained. And on April 2, 2011 I ran the 10k! I’m not going to lie it was still hard because before training I didn’t run at all. Around 3.5miles I lost motivation and thought about walking but I didn’t, I ran the entire thing and I feel so accomplished. Does this mean I am going to run the half marathon or a marathon….no. What that means is that now I enjoy something that I used to enjoy. Running is now a part of my life, at least 2 days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment