Monday, September 3, 2012

Life and Times: Another Road Trip

The last few months a lot of changes have taken place in my life. Some by force and some by choice but either way all of the changes turned out to be good. Out with the old in with the new, enjoying and appreciating the reliable. Now that I'm used to my life changes, schedule it's time to truly relax and enjoy it.  I work hard, play hard and now I need to relax just as hard. What better way to do that than a trip to the beach.

Haven't really been to the beach much this summer and I couldn't let this season go away with out putting my toes in the sand. A friend and I decided to go to Yorktown beach. Family friendly, don't have to drive around for hours looking for parking and cute restaurants.

Our first day was rained out but we didn't let that stop us. All that meant was it was time to do a little site seeing.

Colonial National Historical Park. Not really my thing but with a trolley ride and a animated story, about what really happen to make Lord Cornwallis surrender at Yorktown in Oct of 1781, I was hooked. Nothing like a good story to get your spirits up.

Once we saw all there was to see of Yorktown we headed to Newport News.

The rain stopped when the sun went down. Beautiful Night. That's all the details I'm willing to share :)


Can't leave the beach without actually going to the beach, right.


River walk landing





:) He wouldn't let me leave before I put my feet in the water.
 And yes he is wearing jeans...long story, another time.



Someone doesn't like to take pictures.


New Memories....Great Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment